Friday, April 15, 2011

A River Basin

Probably soft, luscious, lanolin-rich, high micron merino isn't what you think of when you think of Wyoming. You might not think of sheep at all. But in a mineral-rich state, hidden in plain sight is another great resource and it is Mountain merino.

If you've never been to Wyoming you cannot believe how visually beautiful it is (at least where I've been). Living in the west you frequently hear people say, "Yeah, Wyoming. I drove through there and it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen, but it was kind of scary." Most of us aren't used to wide open spaces like they still have there.

The Powder River basin is mostly known for coal and minerals. But you can see from the picture above, it is a place of beauty too. I kept seeing signs for Powder River this and that and I just loved the name. Not being into coal and minerals, I thought of Powder--like blush. We wanted a name that was connected to Wyoming and it seemed perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment