Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mineral Inspiration

I've always loved the art I find in nature.  Last weekend I was at Blackwater Falls State Park in West Virginia and the rock there is amazing.  The many streams and rivers have worked the rock smooth and other earth movement has broken pieces off.  Sometimes outcroppings reminded me of structural art creations. 

The colors reminded me of Powder River yarn, which seems to capture all the common mineral colors.  Blush tones.  So beautiful. 

While I would have liked to be wearing the Granite Cowl while on a windy bluff on Monday morning, the nature around me reminded me of the gentle swirl created by this moebius.  There's something so organic about the moebius.  Practical too!  An ideal travel piece as it dresses up a simple outfit and can be worn fashionably and for a little extra warmth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment